September 15, 2013

Lipstick Haul [MAC, Maybelline, L'oreal Paris, Revlon] With Swatches on Lips

I was always a lip-gloss kinda girl but now I’m branching into quality lipsticks to jazz up my look. I got my mom to pick up a couple lipsticks for me while she was on holiday recently. Here are the range of lips sticks that was bought for me from the MAC store and the others from Shoppers Drug Mart in Calgary. The swatches were done on my arm and lips.

MAC Ruby Woo – Price $18.00CAD (Retro Matte Lipstick)


MAC Girl About Town – Price $18.00CAD (Amplified Crème Lipstick)

MAC Milan Mode – Price $18.00CAD (Lustre Lipstick)

Maybelline Color Sensational (Fifth Avenue Fuschia) – Price $10.99CAD (This is a dupe for MAC Girl About Town)

Revlon Super Lustrous Crème Lipstick (Siren) – Price $11.99CAD

L'oreal Parris Color Caress Luminous Lipcolor (Violet Chiffon) – Price $11.99CAD

Overall I love all of these lipsticks especially the texture, shine and creamy feel they have except for MAC Ruby Woo.  With all of these there is no need to apply a base before or after even though I wear a light base regardless. But for Mac Ruby Woo a base is a must because it has a very drying effect on your lips due to being a Matte as you can see the difference with the swatch on my hand compared to my lips. I’ll probably add a touch of my MAC Russia Red lip-gloss so it doesn't give my lips that drying effect, but I love this shade of red. MAC Ruby Woo is the only lipstick I applied  a base underneath the lip swatches. Revlon Siren didn't apply smooth as you can see the swatch on my hand and lips like the other brands.

What lipsticks have you bough recently and what's your favorite lipstick shade?

Be Inspired…


2 comments:

  1. These lipsticks look really good on you. I am loving all the mac lipsticks on you and the maybelline one. I recently bought mac's impassioned and I am loving it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tonkabelle me too! Mac Impassioned is a pretty pink.

      Delete

Join in on the Discussion!