April 19, 2013

Tomes Edition Hair “TREATS” ::Spotlight:: Karla's Wash Day...

Over the course of my life I have been blessed with a lot of supportive friends that have been cheering me on from the sidelines, since I started my Healthy Hair Journey. So I decided as a token of my appreciation, to give some of them hair Treat's compliments Tomes Edition. Without further adieu let’s introduce one of my good friends and today’s highlight Ms Karla...

Karla is not on a hair journey but she wants to take better care of her hair ::Hair Stat:: she keeps her hairstyle in a short state.  

::Let’s get to know Karla alil bit more::

1)    How long have you been relaxed?
       Karla:  I probably got my first relaxer when I was around 6 or 7 so basically all 
       my life.

2)    How often do you relax your hair?
       Karla: With this shorter style I probably do a touch-up or a full relax every 4 weeks 
       or so.

3)    What hair products do you use & how do you use them on your wash days?
       Karla: I am a no fuss person and was fascinated by the whole process of a Tomes Edition
    wash day as my wash day is not so much as a day, but about an 1 or 2 tops! 
       normally just shampoo with whatever shampoo I have on hand which has been Suave  
       Professionals Almond & Shea Butter moisturizing shampoo, after that, I do condition with either  Suave Professionals Conditioner for dry or frizzy hair or    
      Organic Root Stimulator Replenishing Conditioner

       If I am in the mood I might let the conditioner sit for an hour or so before washing 
       it out. After washing out the conditioner I usually use a towel to get off the excess 
       moisture, and then apply a mixture of the ORGANIC Root Stimulator Olive Oil  
       Moisturizing Hair Lotion, Soft and Beautiful Botanicals 3-N-1 Botanicals Oil before 
       I either blow dry or wrap and let air dry.

4)    Do you use heat? If yes how often?
       Karla: Yes! I normally curl all of my hair once a week with my J2 Flatiron and then 
       some mornings where necessary I might do a touch up to the areas where the curls 
       might have gone flat.

Before starting Karla’s Wash Day, I made an assessment of her hair to decide on what was necessary and what products were needed. She is getting a touch up the following weekend at 6 weeks post so here are the steps I took for Karla’s Wash Day [I take similar steps]


[1] Prepooed with EVOO & EVCO mixed together on her scalp & CON Intensive
Conditioning Treatment on the length of her hair  [2] Shampooed with ORS Creamy Aloe Shampoo [to remove buildup] [3] Shampooed with CON Argan Oil Moisture and Shine Shampoo [4] Applied ApHogee Keratin Two Minute Reconstructor [To add some strength since she relaxing her hair soon] [5] Deep Conditioned with Queen Helene Cholesterol mixed with oils & Roux Correction Conditioner [6] Applied leave-ins of Aphogee Keratin Green Tea , Herbal Essence Split-End Protector & Organix Anti Breakage Serum and detangle [7] Apply Tresemme Heat Tamer Spray to blow dry [8] Moisturized with Elasta QP Olive Oil & Mango Butter and sealed with Hot Six Oil [9] You guys know I don’t own a flat iron yet weird right! So Karla Flat ironed her hair herself 

Here are the before and after:

::Before::

::: After::


5)    Have you heard of any of the products used by Tomes Edition on your hair?

       Karla: In all I had probably just seen the products in the hair stores but had never 
       used them before.

6)     Did any product used by Tomes Edition stand out for you to purchase and why?

       Karla: I loved, loved, LOVED the smell and how my hair felt when using the 
       ELASTA QP Olive Oil & Mango butter moisturizer so I literally went and bought
       one the same afternoon

7)    How is the product working for you?

       Karla: Since the Tomes wash day I have used the Elasta QP Olive Oil & Mango
        butter as a general moisturizer for my hair on a mornings along with 
       or in place of the KeraCare High Sheen Glossifier that I normally use.

8)    How did your hair feel after your wash day compliments Tomes Edition?

       Karla: The relaxed sections of my hair felt more moisturized and smoother, while 
       I found the areas near the bottom where there was only new growth definitely felt 
       softer than it usually does after a wash as my natural hair is normally very coarse.

9)    Which step stood out the most to you?
       Karla: The prepooing step stood out the most to me as Tomes explained to me that 
       when you wash your hair with shampoo to remove the build up [or normally] this 
       also strips it of the moisture and natural oils it would have had, therefore before you 
       do that you should add moisture or oils to the hair first to build up the moisture level 
       so that when you wash out your hair it still maintains a healthy level of moisture.

10)  Will you incorporate anything done on your hair compliments Tomes Edition?

       Karla: I will definitely try to start prepooing my hair on wash days and start 
       investigating which shampoos and hair products I should use depending on where 
       I am in my hair cycle i.e fresh relaxer, going to get a relaxer or touch up. As I have 
       said before I already started using the ELASTA QP Olive Oil & Mango Butter 
       moisturizer on a regular basis, so slowly but surely I am on a path to have healthier 
       hair especially with the regular relaxers that a short hair style requires. Thanks Tomes!

Hope you enjoyed meeting Karla...


11 comments:

  1. Interesting post! Keep them coming. :)

    ReplyDelete

Join in on the Discussion!