May 25, 2016

Wash Day | How I Prep My Hair For A Relaxer…

My longest wash days are always when I prep my hair for a relaxer and relaxer day itself. It’s important to have your hair in the best shape before applying chemicals to it. Let’s get into my washday.

1]   Finger detangled after applying Mane n Tail detangler to my roots and utilizing my latest tip of adding oil to my palms to reduce the friction.
2]   Shampooed with ORS CreamyAloe Shampoo twice (this removes build up).

3]   Protein treatments are very important to strengthen your hair before the apply chemicals to your hair. My favorite is the Aphogee 2 step protein treatment.  It smells awful but it works.  I have been slacking on keeping up with this strong protein treatment and my hair is misbehaving. I sat under my hooded dryer for 20mins and by then my hair is rock solid.  Do not try to comb or manipulate your hair with this product in your hair.
4]   Rinsed thoroughly and apply Aussie Moist conditioner for 2 mins to add back some softness.

5]   Deep Conditioned with Queen Helene CholesteroI mixture and sat under my hooded dryer for 30mins. Aphogee never disappoints as my hair feels so much stronger.
6]   Rinsed and wrapped my hair in a t-shirt for 30mins.
7]   With my hair in 4 sections applied Creme of Nature Strength & Shine Leave in conditioner, my moisturizing spray and sealed with Extra Virgin Coconut Oil.
8]   Air-dry and applied Jamaican Black Castor oil on my scalp.

I’ll wear my hair in a very loose bun till relaxer day. I mainly wore my hair in buns this stretch and hope it’s not detrimental in the long run.
I’m relaxing my hair at 14weeks post. Its crazy how much new growth I have in such a short space of time. As usual I’ll be retouching my new growth only and also dyeing it again. I only dye my hair on relaxer days.

Do you have a wash day experience to share with us, head over to Savingourstrands & Justgrowalready to join the link up. See you there!

How do you prep for relaxer day?

13 comments:

  1. I enjoyed your reading your Relaxer day preppping and esp protecting new and relaxed pieces!

    Ursula

    www.blueridgebeautyblogger.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love how you shared your prepping regimen, thanks for reminding me about using a neutralizing shampoo as well. How long after this wash day would your typically get your hair relaxed?

    www.wurassecrethair.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Protein treatments are important before getting a relaxer. Your hair is growing, Tomes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Did you airdry in a bun or loose?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Always loose. I get colds easily if my scalp is wet for long periods.

      Delete
  5. That book graphic is so creative! I love it. And great tips as well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I dont really air dry but when i have done it before loose i dont like how my hair feels. It feels rough and dry. I would rather do it in plaits than loosely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. whatever works for you, keep on doing it.

      Delete
  7. I wish I knew all these steps when my hair was relaxed. Your hair looks so strong.

    ReplyDelete

Join in on the Discussion!