July 24, 2013

Finally A Braid-Out I Like

My wash day was pretty much the same as I usually do (here) and these are my Leave-in Conditioners I used to achieve my braid-out.  I applied Aussie Moist Conditioner (I really love this stuff), Herbal Essences Split End Protector and sealed with Hot Six Oil. I did about 12 braids on damp hair and I like this result the best. My hair wasn't completely dry 3 hours later when I unraveled the braids. If I want loose curls I’ll do two cornrow braids going backwards but for tighter curls, I’ll do individual or smaller cornrows to achieve this look.

Please click image to enlarge

Please click image to enlarge
The following day the curls on my ends had fallen, so I scooped them under a head band for a nice Faux Bob.

Please click image to enlarge

I still haven’t mastered braid-outs yet so if you guys have any techniques or products to suggest I appreciate it.

Do you like braid-outs & What technique works best for you?

Be Inspired...


11 comments:

  1. the textured faux bob looks so classy.
    great outcome ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Girl---I've only had one braid-out success in 3 years. LOL. Here's a few pics:
    http://savingourstrands.blogspot.com/2013/03/my-big-bad-braid-out.html

    www.savingourstrands.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved the results! Your hair looks nice and shiny. LOVE the textured faux bob! The only thing I would suggest is making sure the hair is completely dry before you unravel your hair. This will prevent frizz and give you the best definition. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Age! Thanks for the tip, really appreciate it.

      Delete
  4. I love your braidout~this is so cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't wait to see some of the other ladies tips because I suck at any style that's not related to putting your hair in a pony lol Your faux bob came out wonderful though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Candice. Lol @ Pony. I think I'll try a curl pudding next time

      Delete
    2. I'm trying to master this style as well. I think I have had 2 that I really liked. I'm leaning towards doing on today or tomorrow.

      Delete

Join in on the Discussion!