October 15, 2013

Protective Hairstyles for Relaxed, Texlaxed & Natural Hair…

What are Protective Styles?

This is wearing your hair up in a style that doesn't put strain on your edges or nape and keep your ends off your shoulders and back. These are styles that protect the ends from rubbing, splitting and being damaged by the elements. Here are a few Hairstyles that I have rocked which help protect our fragile ends with the hope of retaining length. They are all very simple and easy to do.

Buns & more Buns


Side Bun

French Braid also known as Inside Corn Row in Barbados - See my tutorial here &
Dutch Braid also known as Outside Corn Row in Barbados
P
Faux Bob

Other types of protective styles that I haven't tried yet are:

Types of Braids – Box braids | Rope Twist | Corn Rows | Afro Kinky | Havana Twist

Weaves  - Full weaves sew in and not glued in | Wigs – Full Head Wigs or Half Head Wigs

Please note that even though your hair may be in braids or weaves you must NOT neglect your hair underneath. Moisturizing and Sealing is still important and may work better if you have a moisturizing spray bottle to mist as often as you see fit.

What’s your favourite Protective Style to Rock?

24 comments:

  1. Your buns a so Smooth and perfect! I like it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all your buns and you french braid really well, excellent post dear!

    ReplyDelete
  3. your french braids are lovely. Great!

    my alltime favorite style are box braids

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous! Love the shine, so beautiful x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Ladies, really appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm rocking a bun today!! Nice to know I am protecting my hair. : )

    ReplyDelete
  7. That hair is growing, girl! Look at all the styles you can do.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your hair looks fabulous in protective styles! I normally keep my hair in twists during the week and let it out on the weekends :)

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those are some cute styles!! My ultimate favorite are buns. I've tried other styles but I'm a Bunner for Life!
    Divachyk @Relaxed Thairapy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful styles! My favorites are always box braids and senegalese twists! they are so versatile and easy to style :) Great post!
    xo Rayann410

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks so much for sharing! I've been looking for more protective styles. Your buns are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Messy buns are my favorite, I love your inside corn row.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Really Helpful and nice hairdos! i will try some of them!

    ReplyDelete

Join in on the Discussion!