January 30, 2014

Product Review: Crème of Nature Intensive Conditioning Treatment...

Creme of Nature Intensive Conditioning Treatment

::Price:: 12oz - $12.99BDS (Purchased at Mall Mart)
                        $7.60US (Also available on Amazon)
They Promise:
Intensive Conditioning Treatment is an intensively deep conditioning treatment that strengthens, revitalizes and gives exotic shine. It prevents hair breakage and deeply infuses moisture from inside out. Ideal for all hair types, including relaxed, natural and colour treated hair, this treatment can be used after every shampoo as a quick conditioner, or every week as a reconstructor.
  • Strengthens and prevents hair breakage
  • Deeply infuses moisture
  • Leaves hair soft, silky and full of body
  • Restores exotic shine and leaves hair soft
  • Infused with Argan Oil from Morocco
  • Size: 12oz & 1.75oz
Suggested Use:
After shampooing with Crème of Nature Shampoo, apply a generous amount to hair and comb through for even distribution. Place a plastic cap over the hair and sit under the warm hooded dryer for 10-15minutes. Rinse thoroughly and follow with any Crème of Nature Argan Oil styling Product.

Ingredients:
Water, Glycerin, Cetearyl Alcohol, Cetyl Alcohol, Dicetyldimonium Chloride, Polyquaternium-32, Behentrimonium Methosulfate, Paraffinum Liquidum (Mineral Oil) (Huile Minerale), Argania Spinosa Kernel Oil, Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil, Honey (Mel) Meil), Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Cocodimonium Hydroxypropyl Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Panthenol, PEG-12 Dimethicone, Lanolin Oil, Phenyl Trimethicone, PPG-1 Trideceth-6, Polyquaternium-10, Amodimethicone, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Hydrolyzed Wheat Starch, Isostearyl Ethylimidazolinium Ethosulfate, Parfum (Fragrance), Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Butylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Phenoxyethanol

How I Used This Product:
[1]   Prepooed by itself, as well as mixed Extra Virgin Olive Oil & peppermint to it for
       25mins with heat.
[2]   Deep Conditioned by itself, as well as mixed Extra Virgin Olive Oil and Extra Virgin 
       Coconut Oil to it for 45mins with heat.

The Assessment:
This Deep Conditioner comes in a bottle which I don’t like because I have to transfer it into a bowl to use it. The consistency is watery and pale yellow in colour. The smell is alil strong but not overbearing as it is a sweet smell, which doesn't linger after rinsing it out. I prefer to prepoo with this because it moisturizes my hair instantly and makes it feel soft and silky. I mainly like to use it after doing hairstyles like braid-outs, flexi-rods, basically any styles that may end up frizzy, because my hair returns soft and silky again.

This product sinks into my strands and alittle goes a long way. It also has a lot of slip which is a bonus.  As a Deep Conditioner I think its okay, nothing special happened to my hair, not sure if it’s because I'm used thick DC’s but my hair felt normal. Maybe I was hoping for better results than what the prepoo gave me but it was just okay.

Looking at the ingredients it contains Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein which is a moisturizing protein that increases the hair’s ability to retain moisture and impact shine to damaged dull hair. It improves manageability, builds body and smoothness.

Overall I think this product is great for instantly moisturizing my hair but I prefer it as a prepoo (pre-shampoo treatment) than a Deep Conditioner. This product is available at most beauty supply stores in Barbados but the price may range. I’ll definitely repurchase.


Have you used the Crème of Nature Intensive Conditioning Treatment & What are your thoughts on it?

Be Inspired…



9 comments:

  1. Woot for finding a product that your hair loves!

    KLP | SavingOurStrands

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you hair is loving it! My hair doesn't do well with hydrolyzed protein so I will let you enjoy this one. :-)

    Divachyk | Relaxed Thairapy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmmm.....a pre-shampoo treatment. What's the benefit of a pre-shampoo treatment. I'm use to post shampoo treatments. School me please. Pretty please.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Natasha, pre-poo is simply preparing your hair for the harsh shampoo's which strip your hair of moisture and natural oils. You can opt to use a conditioner or hot oil treatment. I pre-poo on dry hair, Shampoo and Deep Condition my hair.

      Delete
  4. I used this once because I had one of the sample packets. At the time, I liked it, but I haven't repurchased any to have a serious opinion. Nice review!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This product did nothing for me or my daughter, I did not try it as a pre poo though, maybe I'll give it another go.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is one of my go-to conditioners. Love it. Try mixing it with some honey!

    ReplyDelete
  7. ok you caused me to buy this product. Stop enabling me lol!

    ReplyDelete

Join in on the Discussion!