September 10, 2014

Wash Day: Relaxer Preparations…

This is typically what my relaxer prep day looks like, however I’ll list the products used below. Single strand knots have been trying to take over my life for the last 3weeks and I’m so over this stretch. I’m ready to straighten my curls.
How I Prep My Hair For Relaxer Day
[1]   Detangled with my Mane n Tail detangler and a wide width comb.
[2]   Prepooed with Aussie Moist Conditioner on the length of my hair for 30mins and sat under
       my heat cap.
[3]   Shampooed with ORS Creamy Aloe Shampoo (remove build up)
[4]   Applied my all-time favorite Aphogee 2 Step Protein Treatment and sat under my hooded
       dryer for 15mins until my hair was rock solid.  I can’t say this enough and I’ll continue to
       say it, this treatment is no joke, please don’t touch your hair or attempt to comb or brush 
       your hair until the treatment has been washed out. My hair felt sooo much stronger after 
       rinsing out the product.
Aphogee 2 Step Protein Treatment
[5]   Applied Aphogee Balancing Moisturizer for 2 mins and rinsed
[6]   Deep Conditioned with my Queen Helene mixture for 45mins and sat under my heat cap. 
      I love how my hair feels after using this mixture because its so moisturizing.
[7]   Rinse and wrapped my hair in a t-shirt for 1 hour.
[8]   With my hair in 4 sections applied Herbal Essence Split Ended Protector (my ends) and 
       Aussie Moist Conditioner and detangled very carefully.
[9]   Air-dry and appllied JBCO on my scalp and moisturize with Elasta QP Olive oil & Mango 
       Butter and seal with Coconut Oil.
[10] My hair style of choice is a simple braid inside of a banana clip and avoid putting my 
       hands or tools in my hair till relaxer day.  I'm currently 15weeks post relaxer.
New Growth @ 15weeks Post Relaxer
Do you have a wash day experience to share with us, head over to Saving Our Strands & Just Grow Already to join the link up. See you there!

How do you prep your hair for relaxer day?

Be inspired...



7 comments:

  1. That is a cute way to spice up a braid. I should be prepping for a touch up but I just don't feel like relaxing my hair

    ReplyDelete
  2. That IS a really cute way to rock a banana clip! I love the way tht banana clips don't pull or tug on your hair too much but stay secure! Do you find that the Aphogee Balancing Conditioner really works or do you use it out of habit?

    Thanks for sharing your #washdayexperience chica! Good luck with your touchup!

    KLP | SavingOurStrands

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tend to follow instructions with certain products and once it works for me, I stick to it.

      Delete
  3. You have so much new growth, you're doing great with your hair! Single strand knots are the absolute worst!

    ReplyDelete

Join in on the Discussion!