June 09, 2016

Is a Hair Trim The Same As A Hair Cut….

Do you think a trim is the same as a hair cut? I ask because I want to get my ends trimmed but that falls under the bracket of "cut" here in Canada.  I remember when I called my stylist in Barbados last year and my hair was trimmed how I like it and it was very affordable. My mind was totally blown by the price and the classification from trim to cut. 
Both pics were taken in 2015 (Year error)
After taking care of my hair for so long, there is no way I’m going to let anyone butcher my hair. OMG I just incorporated my last name without knowing lol. I jumped on google to read reviews from various salons and the average prices ranges from $50.00CDN to $90.00CDN. Let me break this down further for you, the $50.00 is for the stylist that’s a beginner and if you wanted an intermediate, experienced or salon director to cut your hair, it would land you closer to $90.00CDN.

Don’t get me wrong, I know if I wanted a pixie hair cut or a layered bob then I can understand the price ranges because its technical to get the perfect cut.  But I just want my ends evened out.  I can’t knock their hustle and if I want it done professionally I need to bite the bullet and go for it.

Both pics were taken in 2015 (year error)
The biggest question is should I get the beginner, experience, intermediate, senior or director stylist to “cut” my hair. Who knows the director may be old school and cut too much or the beginner may send me home crying. I really think it’s a gamble because anyone one of them can do an incredible job or a terrible job.  What do you guys think? Which stylist would you go for? Should I be nervous?

Guys I just want a good old fashion trim. I’m looking forward to luscious ends.

When was your last major Hair Cut?

12 comments:

  1. I think you can get an intermediate stylist to do your hair and make sure to watch them like a hawk so they do not over trim.

    www.wurassecrethair.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm, that's steep, just did a quick conversion. Maybe it comes with the full deep conditioner and all? The picture on the right looks pretty decent to me, why would you want to cut more?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you should spend the money and have an expert do it. Just make sure they know exactly what you want done. A trim is for the damaged parts only (about 1/4 of an inch), a cut is deeper. You need to keep in mind that washing, deep conditioning, and styling is part of the process too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unfortunately a cut only includes shampoo only which doesn't make sense but its their policy. Thanks Nerline

      Delete
  4. I would go for the best expert my money can buy. I'm not about playing games with these strands.

    Jay | RelaxedThairapy.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree with you, don't want to be disappointed.

      Delete
  5. The prices are quite high for a cut - a professional trim here costs around 10 USD! But then again you don't want to take chances because once it's cut, it's cut there's no gluing back your strands together if too much was cut off :-(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You just made me cackle really loudly @ gluing back my strands lol. Thanks Becca.

      Delete
  6. That is super high for a trim and I most definitely believe they are two separate things. I think of a "cut" as hair being cut into a style like layers or getting bangs. A trim is literally an inch or two max usually to cut the dead ends and even it up. It shouldn't cost the same as a full on style. True, though that you need someone who won't take 5 inches when you asked for two! I love me some thick fresh cut ends!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my! That is expensive for just a trim. I paid about $12 USD at Super Cuts for a small trim. A beginner should be properly trained to handle a trim before being allowed to work on a customer, but then again better be safe than sorry with an expert. Definitely watch like a hawk and make sure they're clear in understanding exactly what you want! Good luck on whatever you decide.

    ReplyDelete

Join in on the Discussion!