August 14, 2013

Wash Day With A Twist…

This weekend’s weather was very gloomy and all I wanted to do was lay in bed all day long lol. Getting in and out the shower twice was definitely a no no for me. Also, I didn’t want to risk washing my hair and it takes forever to air dry and I end up with a cold. Due to the weather I was feeling extremely lazy and didn’t want to go through my usual wash day routine. Here’s what I did:

Please click on image to enlarge
[1]   Deep Conditioned on damp hair with my Queen Helene mixture (review here) for 45mins 
       using the DIY Steaming method that Age over at Loving My Hair  blogged about. This is 
       a great method for those of you who want to experience steaming your hair but not owning 


        a steamer.  I also used coconut oil on my scalp so I get a scalp and hair treatment all 
       at once.
[2  Shampooed with Elasta QP Creme Conditioning Shampoo. The thought of not shampooing 
       my hair after a week is unheard of to me; let’s just say I like a clean scalp.
[3]   Applied Tresemme Moisture Rich Conditioner for 2 mins and rinsed.  My hair felt so silky
       and moisturized. I think Tresemme wants to give my Aussie Moist Conditioner a run for its
       money.
[4]   Wrapped my hair in a t-shirt for 30mins to absorb the excess water.
[5  Applied Herbal Essences Split End Protector, Aussie Moist Conditioner and Hot Six Oil to
       my hair and detangled carefully. I am now 10 weeks post and usually at this stage my 
       beloved Mane 'n Tail Detangler has to step up and assist me with my coily new growth but I 
       didn’t need it this week. I did observe two single strands knots that I had to carefully 
       separate top avoid breakage.

Left my hair to air dry but after a couple of hours my hair still wasn’t dry due to the gloomy weather, so I cheated and pulled out my hooded dryer and sat under there for 10mins to make sure I don’t catch a cold since I was going out later that night.

[6]   The following day I oiled my scalp with the one and only Jamaican Black Castor Oil on my 
       scalp and moisturized my hair with Elasta QP Olive Oil & Mango Butter and sealed with 
       Hot Six Oil.

I really wanted to do a Bantu Knots but after feeling how soft and smooth my hair felt, I didn’t bother with the manipulation.  I can’t remember when last my hair was soooo smooth and soft like this and not sure what’s was the cause of this great wash day. Could it be the Tresemme Moisture Rich Conditioner that made the difference? Could it be my leave-in conditioners that did the trick? Could it be Deep Conditioning on damp hair first? I can’t quite pin point it but really happy with the state of my hair right now.

You will have noticed that I skipped prepooing and also doing a tea rinse this week. Once I'm strapped for time this will be my new process since I love the results. Who wouldn't be ecstatic about a clean scalp and soft moisturized hair with a shorter space of time  

Have you tried Shampooing after Deep Conditioning before and did you like your results?

Be Inspired… 



      

10 comments:

  1. I don't think that I've ever not followed a shampoo with a deep conditioner---since I've been on my HHJ. Awesome results!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've tried deep conditioning before shampooing before. I didn't mind it but my hair seems to be softer after shampooing. It's great you had good results! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always d/c after shampooing unless I'm relaxing my hair. It saves me so much time and I have not felt a difference in my hair either way. When I think of d/cing after I shampoo I end up not having the time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I tend to dc before a cowash and after a shampoo but have also done it before because of time constraints, not getting in and out of the shower etc and I think it was still all fine, maybe because I normally only do one lather in that situation and whack on a heap of smoothing conditioner after..
    Glad you had a good wash day, I love when they happen!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am glad you experienced lovely results. I need to try out the tresemme conditioner as well. I understand what you mean about washing your hair in cold weather i absolutely detest it as well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have tried DCing before washing and the results were just okay. I find that shampooing makes my hair unmanageable and DCing after makes it easier to manage. It may be psychological, but I feel that I am washing all the goodness of the DC from my hair! But, I do know quite a few people that swear by DCing before shampooing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ha, this was my plan of action for my next wash day, the thought of jumping in and out the shower kills me, so I thought maybe DC on dry hair (damp hair never thought of it hmmm) will let you know how it goes
    Happy you are on cloud 9 with your hair!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for sharing your thoughts and experiences with me ladies!
    @ Age - you crack me up all the time
    @ Yvonne - Looking forward to reading about your results. I just lightly sprayed my hair because DC on dry hair sucks up all the product lol
    @ Tonkabelle - Looking forward to hearing your thoughts on the Tresemme Conditioner
    @ Andrea O - That's exactly what I did lol

    ReplyDelete
  9. I swear by deep condition before shampooing.
    my chemically treatet and natural hair as well prefer that method. And I love it because I only need to hop once in and out of the shower.

    for my next shopping trip I plan to buy deep condiotioner which are designed for dc on dry hair like the aubrey organic conditioners.

    ReplyDelete

Join in on the Discussion!