October 27, 2013

Liebster Award…

Tomes Edition has landed their very first online award *throws confetti* compliments JC
over @ Relaxed Thairapy and Miss Dre over at So She Writes . Blogger awards are such a great way to get to know your fellow blogger and find new bloggers.


 What is a Liebster Award?
Liebster is a German word that means sweetest, kindest, dearest, beloved. The Liebster award is a blog award nomination presented to novice bloggers in an effort to spread blog love and increase blog exposure.


The Rules...

[1]   List 11 interesting facts about yourself.
[2]   Answer the questions presented by the blogger who nominated me.
[3]   Paste the award on your blog.
[4]   Nominate other deserving novice bloggers who have 200 or less followers and let the 
       nominees know about the award by commenting on their blogs or via email.
[5]   Make up a set of 11 questions for your nominees to answer.

11 Interesting Facts About Me
[1]   I love any form of chocolate such as candy, cake, sweet, or drink.
[2]   I don’t like peanuts but sometimes eat them even though they itch my throat *weird right*.
[3]   I can’t stand strong smelling products such as perfumes, hair products or creams because 
       they give me an instant headache and I refer to their smell as “coloured air”. Give me plain 
       ole fresh air any day.
[4]   I was in Cadets for 7 years of my school life.
[5]   I love to travel and have done quite abit so far but Europe is next on my to do list.
[6]   I love God and without him nothing is possible.
[7]   I live in Barbados but I’m Canadian by birth.
[8]   It took me 25 years to find true love .
[9]   My bestie calls me Tyra (ANTM) because I love taking pictures and posing for pics. On my
       one vacations on the Royal Caribbean Freedom of the Seas cruise (7 day cruise) we took
       1100 pictures *coversface*.
[10] I’m 5ft ½ inch in height.
[11] My professional career path is Accounting.

JC Interview Questions
[1]   Why did you start blogging?
I started blogging to educate and share my experiences with people all over the world but more directly Barbados due to the Myth that black hair only grows to our shoulders. Most people believe when they see proof such as pictures hence the blog.

[2]   What is the significance behind your blog’s name?
I always wanted my blog to include my name but didn't want it limited to just hair because my blog may take a different direction in the future even though I see it as a lifestyle blog but the main focus is hair right now. Tomes Edition suggest its MY edition/thoughts/experience that I am sharing with you. Basically the way I see things to be interpreted to you the readers.

[3]   Does your friends / family know you’re a blogger?
Yes all of my friends and family know as they read my posts and provide me feedback, criticism to make my blog better.

[4]  What goals do you have for your blog?
To be one the first places people go looking for information for healthy hair care, beauty tips, product reviews and a sense of fashion. 

[5]   Who is your target audience?
Everyone interested in Healthy hair practices whether relaxed, texlaxed or natural. Anyone looking for makeup tips and looks and fashion direction.

[6]   Do you feel your blog is meeting your target audience need?
Yes I believe my content is factual, detailed but I need to pay more attention to the make-up aspect of the blog.

[7]   How do you gain followers?
There isn't a magic trick, but I think when people find my blog there is something interesting I have to offer and thus they follow. Sometimes following other interesting blogs they follow you back as well.

[8]   How many times do you post a week?
I post 2-3 times a week

[9]   How you do balance life, blog, social media and hair forums?
Only last week I was asked if I have a full time job because they don't know how I find time for blogging.  I am a believer to enjoy life because we don’t know when we will take our last breathe. I often dedicate an hour or so when I get home to check out social media and catch up on my blogs. If I’m travelling I plan ahead to do posts which I schedule to be posted so that I can still enjoy my vacation and keep my blogs updated.

[10] Where do you gain inspiration for your articles?
Inspiration comes from various places such as my friends my ask a question that I thinks need to be addressed in a blog post, watching tv, something may spark an idea from a ad or a show currently watching, also reading other blogs.

[11] Provide the best blogging tip you've learned so date?
Don’t bite off too much than you can chew because you may not be able to keep up and feel pressured. Enjoy what you do and don’t think of it as a daunting task. When you support other bloggers they support you too, spread the love.

Miss Dre Interview Questions
[1]   Where is your favorite place to dine out? What do you order there?
This is a tough one because I try not to duplicate places I go, so I can try new places but for dinner Pisces restaurant was pretty awesome and for casual TGIF. At Pisces I ordered stake and TGIF a Burger but their Mudslides are to die for.

[2]   Do you have a favorite quote or motto that you live by? What is it?
Yes I do – "A goal without a plan is a wish"

[3]   What is your favorite article of clothing?
There is a black and white balloon dress that I wear at any opportunity I find.

[4]   If money was no subject, how would you spend your day?
I’m pretty frugal, but a buffet breakfast with all of my favorites foods,  do something adventurous like Universal Park rides with my other half or friends and family. Spa would be next, followed by dinner at a great restaurant that is known for good foods

[5]   What is your favorite album of all time?
I’m old school so all of Boyz II Men.

[6]  When was the last time you did something special for someone? What was it?
In October I took my Best friend out to Dinner for her birthday

[7]   What was your favorite book as a child?
Reading wasn't really my thing back then so I would have to say baby sitters club (pretty cheesy I know)

[8]   Where is the most beautiful place you've ever been to?
Right now Las Vegas stands out the most to me because we visited in December and everywhere was decorated so beautifully especially Bellagio where we stayed.

[9]   Do you have any hidden talents?
When I tell people I was in a dance group during my teenage years and we performed at school pageants and shows they don’t believe me. I can do a great ‘harlem shake’ lol

[10]   Why do you blog?
I blog because, I like connecting with people and sharing my experiences of the good the bad and ugly of my Healthy Hair Journey. I don’t claim to be no fashionista but I like to share what I throw together.

[11]   What is your favorite post on your blog? Share a link (or more if you want) with us!
Awww man there are so many flexi rods, Tomes Edition Hair Treats, Relaxer days. Just check out the archive and browse through.
*Drum Roll* And the Nominees are:

My Interview questions to the Nominees are:
[1]   Where was your favorite vacation to date and why?
[2]   What’s your favorite hairstyle to rock?
[3]   What’s your favorite Food and Drink?
[4]   What’s your favorite movie and why?
[5]   How long does you wash days take?
[6]   Where do you spend some of your free time – Blogs, YouTube, Instagram, Facebook, 
       hair forums?
[7]   If you were stranded on a desert what are the 3 hair essentials you would want on you?
[8]   What motivates you to blog?
[9]   What was your career choice when you were a teenager and why?
[10] Describe yourself in 3 words?
[11] Where do you see yourself in 10 years?

A big thank you to JC @ Relaxed Thairapy for nominating us and I’m looking forward to reading about my nominees soon. Look out for an email from me shortly.

Be Inspired…



11 comments:

  1. A numbers girl! I love it. (Even though numbers hate me. I studied English in college. Ha-ha!)

    KLP | SavingOurStrands

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for stopping by my blog and leaving some sweet comments.

    Hair is an obsession of mine and I must say I get really excited when I find a new hair blog to follow. I've been on my hair journey for 2 years now and I am so loving the whole experience. Totally looking forward to follow along your journey.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Pegster, I'll definitely be following your journey as well.

      Delete
  3. Love your blogging tip about not biting off more then you can chew in order to avoid pressure. That is so how I do things on my blog. I want to keep enjoying this and don't want it to be work. I am determined to get my hair past my shoulders again!!! It used to be so I'm just hoping it can be again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cece! Of course you can get your hair past your shoulders, looking forward to seeing your progress.

      Delete
  4. Thanks for the nomination Tomes! I love reading these, you get to know more about the person behind the blog outside of hair care. We have a few things in common, is it ACCA you are doing/did?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem Candice! Well I'm doing CGA but I know its merging to CPA soon but I did take a break.

      Delete
  5. Thanks for the nomination!! I was so honoured! This is a really great way of finding out about other hair blogs! It was really interesting finding out more about yourself!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem Yvonne, it was nice to get to know you as well.

      Delete
  6. 6 o'clock in the morning and I jumped straight onto TomesEdition.. happens every time I take my braids/ weave out and don't know how to deal with my natural hair mane lol... Again, so proud of u Tomes. Keep up the awesome job!

    ReplyDelete

Join in on the Discussion!