January 26, 2015

Wash Day With Flexi-Rods…

I was really excited for my washday today because I wanted to try out my curlformer dupes. Jen from Justgrowalready curlformers sets are absolutely stunning and I took the plunge to get myself a set. I don’t know where the time went and I comtemplated just airdrying and wearing my hair straight again. I ended up putting in 4 grey flexi-rods to the front and 4 grey flexi-rods to the back. Let’s get this washday started.
My hair air-drying 

[1]   Scalp massage with Extra Virgin Coconut Oil . Prepooed with Aussie Moist Conditioner 
       my hair for 40mins while I did chores. My hair was extremely thirsty as the conditioner 
       just sunk into my hair.
[2]   Shampooed with ORS Creamy Aloe once, followed by CON Moisturize & Shine Shampoo 
       once.
[3]   I have been experiencing an excessive amount of shedding so I steeped 2 black tea bags
       and let it sit for 2 hours before using it. I let it sit on my hair for 3mins before applying 
       Aussie Moist Conditioner over the tea before rinsing out my hair.
[4]   Deep Conditioned with my Queen Helene mixture for 30mins under my heat cap.
[5]   Rinsed and wrapped my hair in a T-shirt for 30mins.
[6]   I only used 1 leave in conditioner’s of Elasta QP Leave in H2 and sealed with Extra Virgin 
       Coconut Oil. I’m trying to see how my hair responds to this new product, so far I can’t tell 
       yet.
[7]   Given how late it was and I didn’t want boring hair this week, I put in 4 flexi-rods at the
       front and 4 flexi-rods at the back. I forgot the blue flexi-rods make it easy to sleep. 
       Overall I had and uncomfortable night rest.
[8]   The following day I applied Jamaican Black Castor oil on my scalp. I pulled apart the curls 
       with Extra Virgin Coconut Oil in my palms.
Flexi-Rods @ 6 weeks Post Relaxer
Its too early to tell if the black tea rinse stopped my shedding but it certainly has slowed down. Back to the basics always wins the day. I love how soft and bouncy my hair feels but its alil on the drier side. I'll need to up my game with moisturizing and sealing this week.

Haven’t shared your wash day experience with us yet, head over to Saving Our Strands & Justgrowalready and join the link up. See you there!

How was your last wash day?

Be inspired


19 comments:

  1. Loving those bouncy curls, Tomi!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your curls are really beautiful, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did such a beautiful job with the flexi rods. Your hair looks gorgeous! I am so looking forward to my next wash day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your hair looks great. And I see married life is definitely agreeing with you because you look amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You did a great job with those flexirods. Cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awww ladies i'm humbled by your support.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Soft. Cottony. Bounce. Healthy. Love it, doll!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful results, love the curls x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful curls! They are worth the uncomfortable night's sleep!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the results of your flexirod set. Which dupes did you get for curlformers? They are at the top of my wish list.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I got it from amazon for $14.99. I believe its the magic leverage ones.

      Delete
  11. Love your flexi rods can't believe that you only used 8 in total and they came out so defined and curly :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Flexi rods are one of my favorite tools to use for heatless curls. You got some amazing results, your hair is getting so long and thick. Keep up the good work girl.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Tomi your hair came out great. I love the body and it looks soft and fluffy.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you ladies, you guys keep me motivated.

    ReplyDelete

Join in on the Discussion!