February 07, 2013

Relaxer Day YAY!!!!

If you read my relaxer prep (Click Here) you would know that I decided to go to my favorite hairdresser for my corrective relaxer (6 weeks post) after I ended up with texlaxed hair with my first ever self-relaxer.

So I got up early on Saturday morning and headed to the salon for 8.00am and luckily there was only one person ahead of me who only wanted a treatment done Smiley

1)      She started my relaxer first and used the (Optimum Multi-Mineral Creme Relaxer)) in which 
         the total application, smoothing and combing through time took 25 mins

2)      She washed out the relaxer and used ((Motions Neutralizing Shampoo)) twice on my hair

3)      She applied the (Elasta OP Soy Ultra Hydration Deep Conditioner placed a plastic cap on 
         my hair and  I headed under the dryer for 30 mins

4)      I allowed my hair to cool off first before she washed out the deep conditioner

5)      She put something in my hair that I believe is the leave in conditioner but I honestly can’t 
         tell you what it was as she moved the container quickly, lol *sneaky*

6)      My hair was fully wrapped and I sat under the dryer for 1 hour and 15 mins

7)      She applied some serum to my hair and I was sent back under the dryer for another 15 mins 
         as the top  was slightly damp

Finally when my hair was dry, she applied more serum to my hair especially my ends, then she combed down my hair and offered to give me a trim and I immediately said “nope, next relaxer.” *hairdressers are scissors happy*

Overall am I happy with my results? Yes I am yay!!!!!!! I love how shiny my hair looks and I couldn’t stop swinging my hair left and right (hoping not to pull a muscle in my neck ) and of course I retained the length I anticipated. I only got two little scalp burns on the right hand side of my head, but nothing major to fuss about. My relaxer prep definitely worked out in my favour and I’m happy about that. This is truly the longest I have seen my hair as an adult and I can’t stop raving about it. APL I see you Smiley

Please click image to enlarge
Some of the top of my hair was left with some texture as seen in picture (A) and I actually like it but
all other areas were bone straight as seen in picture (B) and it doesn't feel limp or lifeless but not as bouncy either (it’s hard to explain). Now I understand what other hair bloggers are saying when they said they can’t wait for their next wash day after relaxer because the hair feels flat.

Please click image to enlarge
My only drawback is that my strands felt heavily coated with the double amount of serum that she put on my hair, making my strands stick together and appear thinner.

I really do have respect for all the DIY stylist out there, self-relaxing isn’t for everyone and I have accepted that for now, but do hope to try again in the not too distant future.

Here are the results of the relaxer:

Please click image to enlarge
How was your last relaxer results?

Be Inspired



2 comments:

Join in on the Discussion!