April 15, 2013

Wash Day With Braid-Out...

My wash day was pretty much the usual - to see what my typical wash day routine is (Click Here) or (here).  I did do something alil different this wash day as I ran out of my two favourite oils: EVOOEVCO Cry Crying Bawling Sad Smiley Smilie Emoticon Animated Animation Gif photo 1sm024cry.gifMy Coconut Oil is wayyyyyyyyyy too expensive here in Barbados and the supermarket  ran out of my Olive Oil brand. I’m hoping to replenish my EVOO by month end and to order my EVCO online soon.

I started to do some research to figure out what could be my temporary oil replacement and based on the benefits and price I decided to try (Grapeseed Oil)  Grapeseed Oil is filled with ceramides - which I’ll discuss in a later post when I have seen the benefits on my hair.

I Pre-pooed with Grapeseed Oil on my scalp and to the length of my hair for 30 mins.
Shampooed with CON Argan Oil Moisture & Shine Shampoo, I skipped my light protein treatment of Aphogee Keratin 2 Minute Reconstructor...Deep Conditioned with my Queen Helene, t-shirt dried, applied my leave-ins of Aphogee Keratin & Green Tea Restructurizer , Herbal Essences Split-End Protector and Organix Coconut Milk Anti-Breakage Serum and left my hair to air dry.

Once my hair was 90% dry, I moisturized with Elasta QP Olive Oil & Mango Butter and sealed with Hot Six Oil.  I decided on a braid-out hairstyle, so I did five cornrow plaits (2 at the front and 3 at the back), tied down my hair and went to bed. The following morning I sprayed the braids with my homemade moisturizing spray and let it dry for a couple of hours with curlers on the ends of the braids.

Here are the results...but the camera does not do much justice to my braid-out, please see the beginning of my video to see what I mean (Click Here)

Please click image to enlarge
Other Views:

Please click image to enlarge

How was your last wash day?

Be inspired...



No comments:

Post a Comment

Join in on the Discussion!