November 24, 2014

Wedding: Pre-Marital Counselling Homework (Love Letter in 25yrs)…

Our pre-marital counselling sessions are over and we are happy to report that our priest has confidence in our relationship.  We were asked to write a love letter to each other 25 years from now and read it to each other at one of our sessions.  Neither of us had an idea what we wrote to each other, until it was read out.  Kevin and I are very competitive, so to jazz up my letter I added 25 hearts going around it. This letter is exactly what I read infront of the priest to Kevin.  Do enjoy!

My Dearest Husband Kevin,

Time is flying and waiting on no one and I’m so happy that our paths crossed so unconventional and now we are building the life we always wanted.  I truly believe God made you for me. There is no one else that I have ever met that understands me like you do. God has been good to us.  The kids are all grown and looking to start their own lives, which gives us an opportunity to explore each other without the distractions of family or the outside world.
Our first trip together to Las Vegas in 2010


I love you today, just as when I first said it to you. My love for you has grown stronger and stronger as each day passes. I wouldn’t trade my love or our life for anything in the world.  You have been good to me and our family and I’m extremely grateful for that. Your kindness and support goes way above words can describe. You mean the world to me.

25 years later and we still laugh and joke like we used too. It’s the little things in life that make a huge difference in our relationship. I love how we can still talk about any and everything not even including us as the topic.  You still make me laugh and smile everyday.

As the aches and pains kicks in, I’m so happy to be sharing those moments with you. You are still the first person I want to call or reach out too when I’m experiencing joy or sadness in my life. You add so much value to my life and our life. We are in it till the end babe.
Our second trip together on Royal Caribbean Freedom Of The Seas in 2012

I can’t wait to travel and explore the world with you. As usual photography is still high on our list for capturing wonderful moments or sad ones and having the opportunity to reflect afterwards or joke and laugh about it.

Our life hasn’t been a walk in the park as most people seem to think but I love how we deal with difficult times and just know what each other needs in time of pain or disappointment.  We are blessed to be able to celebrate more good times than bad and I thank God for that.
Some of our professional photo shoots over our courtship

I’m proud of you and the business we have built together. At the end of the day it’s just us.

You are my hero. My knight in shining armour. My protector. My confidant. My best friend.  My Lover. My king on earth. You’re my everything.

Love You,

Tomi Butcher

Your Wife

Tomes

Thank you for reading and hope you enjoyed getting to know us alil better.


5 comments:

  1. Awww that is such a beautiful letter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a lovely letter...left me almost teary-eyed. Happy Married Life. PS: I nominated you for the Versatile Blogger Award.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You guys are one photogenic couple :). Loving all the pics, you won't ever regret taking so many pics with your hubby and capturing all these memories.

    Such a beautiful love letter to your hubby. Only people who believe in fairytales thing that no one ever has issues with their significant other. Please, they are another person, of course there are going to be issues. The most important is to know how to deal with them together.

    I love that you signed "your wife" already. Clearly a done deal in your mind :)

    ReplyDelete

Join in on the Discussion!